- Patent Search & Extraction of Related Patents
- Search Period: Until 2011.10.17.
- Scope of Countries for Patent Search: Korea, the U.S., Japan, EP, and open/released patents of PCT
- Database for Patent Search: FOCUST(KR, US, JP, EP, PCT), USPTO(US), WIPO(PCT)
- Analysis of Key Patents on Next-generation Transparent Electrode
- Technology Classification: PEDOT, CNT, Metal, Graphene, and TCO are classified as main materials of transparent electrode.
- Quantitative Analysis: Of a total of 552 patents in raw data, 490 patents relating to next-generation transparent electrode have been screened and a series of in-depth analysis of patent applications trend have been conducted (as of the year of patent applications, per technology, per country, and also per applicant for patent, etc)
- In-depth Analysis: As many as 71 key patents relating to Graphene, Metal, PEDOT, CNT, and TCO have been screened and analyzed.
- Conclusion/Lessons Learned: The summary of patents analysis results and lessons learned from the analysis on the screened patents are also available.
Key Patent Analysis of Next-generation Transparent Electrode
ITO (Indium Tin Oxide) transparent electrodes are universally applied to the majority of electric devices such as display panel, solar cell, and touch panel. However, the growing expansion in the market of a great variety of electric devices contributes to the sharp growth of indium demand, and it also leads to the soaring of indium market price. This comes as a burden to companies in the industry. In addition, many industry experts and analysts point out that technical problems remain due to the nature of crack found in ITO electrode, even if indium in its own property is applied to the next-generation devices such as flexible device.
Recently, the development of the next-generation transparent electrode as a substitute for ITO transparent electrode is active. Graphene, metallic nano wire, PEDOT, TCO, and CNT are brought up as a substitute for ITO. Corporations, universities, and research institutes around the world are fiercely competing to develop advanced technologies to dominate the market.
Displaybank Co.,Ltd, issues an analysis report of key patents on next-generation transparent electrode technologies on conductivity polymer(PEDOT), carbon nano tube(CNT), Graphene, Metal, and Transparent Conductivity Oxide(TCO), to keep abreast of accelerated technology development competition of next generation transparent electrode. Raw data were extracted from a total of 552 patents through close analysis and review on PCT patents that have been issued until October, 2011, around the world, including Korea, the U.S., Japan, and EP. This report has screened 490 patents relating to next-generation transparent electrode, among the abstracted raw data. Displaybank has closely looked into status of Patent Applications s per country, technology, and applicant for patent in the field of next generation transparent electrode, targeting 490 patents that have been carefully screened. Among 490 patents, Displaybank also selected 71 key patents and conducted an in-depth analysis of patent technology in next generation transparent electrode.
This report provides patent trend analysis per technology and analysis of essential points on key patents. Displaybank expects that a general overview of technology development trend relating to next generation transparent electrode will be enormously helpful after this report is reviewed.